Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum  
GCB Home Photo Gallery Links GCB Myspace
Go Back   Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum > Entertainment > News

Notices

News Discuss the news happening in your local area and any where else.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Administrator
GCB Senior Citizen

Marc can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkMarc can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkMarc can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
Eventful Launches 'My Top Artists' On MySpace

Eventful (http://www.eventful.com) the leading global events Web site, today announced that it has launched 'My Top Artists' on MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/mytopartistsapp), the world's most popular social network. Eventful's 'My Top Artists' application enables MySpace users to select and display their favorite performers on their profile page and automatically displays all of the upcoming events by these artists in their city. This means fans can easily keep track of local gigs by their favorite performers. Empowered by MySpace's newly announced Developer Platform (http://developer.myspace.com), Eventful was able to easily build, test, and ultimately deploy 'My Top Artists.'

'My Top Artists' gives users the ease and flexibility to share their favorite bands, singer-songwriters, comedians, and other performers with their friends and keep track of when they're coming to town.

The 'My Top Artists' application also integrates Eventful's popular 'Demand' service, which enables fans to influence where their favorite performers appear for live events. Eventful's Demand application is already extremely popular among musicians, comedians and politicians on MySpace, with more than 40,000 performers using it to empower millions of their fans to influence where they tour, including Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Jim Gaffigan and even political candidates like Sens. Barack Obama, John McCain and Hillary Clinton.

MySpace first introduced their Developer Platform site on February 5, 2008, beginning a one-month application development period allowing companies, including Eventful, time to build and test their applications in a secure environment before going live to the MySpace community.

On March 13, 2008, MySpace launched the public beta of the Application Gallery (http://apps.myspace.com), enabling broader testing of approved applications by allowing public installation. MySpace members can now discover and add new applications from a variety of categories, including 'My Top Artists' to both their home and profile pages.

"Bringing 'My Top Artists' to MySpace means music fans can easily showcase their favorite performers and they will never miss a show again," said Jordan Glazier, CEO of Eventful. "Our Eventful Demand application is widely used by artists to show fans that they have a voice in where they plan tours. The new 'My Top Artists' application is a way for MySpace users to reciprocate and demonstrate to performers, along with the rest of their community, that they are dedicated fans who would really want to see them live."