Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum  
GCB Home Photo Gallery Links GCB Myspace
Go Back   Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum > Entertainment > News

Notices

News Discuss the news happening in your local area and any where else.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Banned User
GCB Senior Citizen

Cherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
They tried to make her go to rehab,she had to go,go,go...

HOLLYWOOD, CA (Hollywood TodayAFP) 8/18/07 – Irony of ironies, hit British soulster Amy Winehouse has canceled more shows and is in rehab, after making it to the top with an anti-rehab song.

The Rolling Stone covergirl has scrapped even more upcoming shows to reportedly cope with drinking and substance abuse.

Winehouse, 23, whose best-known hit “Rehab” is about her refusal to attend an alcohol rehabilitation center, checked into a $20,000 treatment center after a reported alcohol and drug overdose.

She went home Wednesday but insisted Thursday it was simply to collect a guitar. “I’m fine. I’ve put on half a stone (about seven pounds) and I feel fine,” she told BBC radio outside her native north London home.

Asked if reports of her drug abuse were correct, she said: “I wouldn’t say so, no.”

The 23-year-old, whose drinking habits have been well documented in British newspapers, has pulled out of this weekend’s huge V Festival in the UK, “to deal with health issues,” according to spokesperson Tracey Miller.

Winehouse, named best British female solo artist at the Brit Awards in February, will also miss France’s Rock en Seine festival, where she was scheduled to perform Thursday.

“Amy Winehouse is putting all her touring commitments for this month on hold until further notice in order to address her health issues,” Miller said in a statement.

“Amy will now not be performing at this weekend’s V Festival in Chelmsford and Staffordshire. Her family has requested that the media respect Amy’s privacy at this time.”

The singer was taken to hospital last week for what her record company called “severe exhaustion”.

Reports alleged she had taken a cocktail of alcohol and various hard drugs.

Her husband Blake Fielder-Civil admitted Thursday she had “a few problems.” “It’s been a difficult time for me and Amy, the fact is we are still together and going back to the place tonight,” he said.

“The main thing is that me and Amy are getting better. Don’t worry, she’s being looked after. We’re going back to this retreat. She’s determined to get well.

“It’s not as bad as everyone thinks but she’s fine, she’s loved and looked after.”

Winehouse has been nominated for best newcomer and female artist of the year at the MTV Video Music Awards, to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, on September 9.

The singer is scheduled to tour Canada and the United States next month and Europe in October.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in Technorati

Old 08-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Band Member
GCB Senior Citizen

ambergirl sperm just hit the egg
I don't like that song. They play it into the ground.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Band Member
Band Whore

xush thinks they are the cool kid
I just stumbled across this gem:

I'm pretty sure Charlotte Church is looking over and wondering if at some point she's going to have to try to catch Amy before she hits the floor~
Old 09-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Productive GCB Member

Razz thinks they are the cool kid
HAHA wow! Charlotte Church is the other girl singing? She has a good voice. The looks she was shooting Amy at first were pretty funny. I love how the camera stayed off of her as much as it could. *shakes head.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Banned User
GCB Senior Citizen

Cherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
I didn't even make it halfway through that video,I am embarrassed for Amy,such a lovely voice to put on such a terrible performance...
Old 05-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Band Member
Band Whore

xush thinks they are the cool kid
have you seen her lately? It's pretty dang terrifying - I hope she gets some help SOON
(I know the thread's kinda old, but I just saw these today and it's scary)

Old 05-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Banned User
GCB Senior Citizen

That looks like a meth addiction look there
Old 05-02-2008, 06:46 AM
Productive GCB Member

Penelope is cool enough to date hot peoplePenelope is cool enough to date hot peoplePenelope is cool enough to date hot peoplePenelope is cool enough to date hot peoplePenelope is cool enough to date hot peoplePenelope is cool enough to date hot people
She's one hell of a skank looking chick. She does have a good voice though. Thank goodness she doesn't have kids or she'd be the British version of Britney Train wreck Spears.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Agent Jones, at your service.
GCB Senior Citizen

The Good Reverend, MATCHEW is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right after
poor little addict