Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum  
GCB Home Photo Gallery Links GCB Myspace
Go Back   Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum > Gulf Coast Music Scene > Local Music > Recording Studios

Notices

Recording Studios See whats happening in the studios. Talk about your recording experiences here. Where is the best place to record? Where should you not go?

Old 03-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Band Member
Band Whore

clockworkengine is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right afterclockworkengine is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right after
Free Studio Time

Hey. I'm looking for a band or two that wants to spend some time recording at my ""studio" here at the house in Gautier, MS. It's free, so don't worry about it.

Some details:
My studio is now what was my garage. My friends and I sheetrocked it up and put up some really nice sound wall we got from uncle sam (ask Matchew about it; the stuff's awesome). I have a drum kit in there (which is heavily miked) and a few available guitar and bass rigs to use for recording. It's the perfect recording environment. The recording is mac-based. I use a mac mini with a firepod interface. It's a pretty gnarly setup for being so budget-oriented.

The bottom line is that right now I can create some pretty decent recordings as far as my own skill goes. But the purpose is to get better at it, so your band might be able to benefit from it. I guarantee you'll be happy with the recordings. I am not ready to start charging people. One day, with your help, perhaps I can reach that point.

Some special info:
This offer is reserved only for bands who are truly ready to record. As in, please have your songs ready and rehearsed before accepting my invitation. Also, it is imperative that your band's drummer be able to easily play to a metronome track. One of my focuses right now is digital editing, and that is made possible (for me at this time) only through the use of the click track. And finally, and this goes really without saying, all musicians (especially your singer) need to be ready to lay it down. I mean, you've gotta be on top of it. I don't currently use vocal pitch correction (though I aim to someday), so I can't fix sour notes. And since sour notes tend to destroy a recording in my opinion, it would be a waste of time if anyone's not ready to go when the time comes. Sorry for all the pickiness, but if you understand why I am doing this, then you understand why it exists.
If you're interested, and your band meets the above criteria, please contact me with a PM including a phone number, and I'll call you very soon thereafter.

My promise:
If indeed your band proves to be adept at laying the tracks down correctly, I guarantee that the recording will come out very well. I can already make some pretty clean recordings, so I promise that you will not be wasting your time. I submit that the recordings might not be label-quality, but I can get them close. And it's free, so what have you got to lose? Do it, yo!

Last edited by clockworkengine; 03-29-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in Technorati

Old 03-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Banned User
GCB Senior Citizen

Cherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
that'd be hard to pass up for any band seriously wanting to record...
Old 03-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Band Member
Band Whore

clockworkengine is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right afterclockworkengine is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right after
Thank you for the endorsement. Please ask any bands you feel could take advantage of the offer to email me at
clockworkengine@yahoo.com
Old 03-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Banned User
GCB Senior Citizen

Cherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
WILL DO
Old 05-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Band Member
Band Whore

Hey, I've got a sample recording if anyone wants to hear it. It's still not quite mastered (mainly the vocals) but I'm moving on to something else. It still sounds pretty good, though, lol!

Btw, I did the drums and backing vox as well.
www.myspace.com/araceliswebsite

Add the band!
Old 05-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Banned User
GCB Senior Citizen

SOUNDS GOOD,DOESN'T SOUND LIKE IT NEEDS A LOT OF RE-MASTERING OR REMIXING DONE TO IT...