Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum  
GCB Home Photo Gallery Links GCB Myspace
Go Back   Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Music Discuss music in general. Who is your favorite artist? Hear any good rumors. Keep local unsigned band discussions in the local music forum.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:18 AM
Administrator
GCB Senior Citizen

Marc can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkMarc can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkMarc can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
“Crazy” By Willie Nelson Chosen As 2008 International Country Music Day Song

Email: icmday@gmail.com
Url: http://www.icmday.org
Crazy about “Crazy”

This tune brings together country music artists and fans all over the world, as well as representing the values that our music stands for during the International Country Music Day, which is held every year on September 17, commemorating the birth of Hank Williams, one of the foremost legends of country music.

The international poll was launched by ICMDAY.org to celebrate the 75th birthday of Willie Nelson, and to honor this way the legend of the Texas country superstar.

Crazy (1962), a smashing Willie Nelson´s hit in the voice of Patsy Cline got 21 % of the votes, just in front of Always On My Mind (1982) which came out the second with 19 % of the votes, and Mamas Don´t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys (1978), which came out third with 17 % of the votes.

Judy Seale and Rodrigo Haddad -new International Country Music Ambassadors-

Together with the election of the best Willie Nelson´s song, this year, for the first time and celebrating their fifth anniversay, the ICMDAY.org has appointed the first International Country Music Ambassadors: Judy Seale – manager and founder of Judy Seal International based in Nasville- and Rodrigo Haddad –brazilian country music singer-. These awards represent the recognition of an extensive career and a unique prestige earned and consolidated by promoting country music internationally.

Both of them have been interviewed exclusively for the web of ICMDAY.org

Judy Seale interviewed. The world in her hands.

Andoni Urkiaga –ICMDAY.org Coordinator- interviewed Judy Seale, just when she was finishing her 6 weeks trip across Europe bringing the best country music acts to the european summer festivals. “Fortunately, all my festivals have had record attendance this year. Considering that there are no country video channels and very few country radio programs [in Europe], that's an amazing accomplishment”, said Judy.

She has the ability to transform an exigent job into a exciting life. Judy tells us how: “I think that anyone working in this business has to love their job, and I most definitely do. Sometimes, I really don't want to be away from home for two months at a time, but in all honesty, I can't think of anything else that I could do that would bring me so much happiness and fulfillment. I return to so many of the same cities each year that the buyers and people I meet there are my friends, and I consider them my extended family. I am so very, very lucky to live this wild and crazy, truly exciting life.”

Judy is also involved in the activities of “Stars for Stripes”, her own non-profit organization that provides quality entertainment to internationally deployed U.S. military forces: “I chartered ‘Stars for Stripes, because I wanted to do more for our troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. I donate my time, as do all the celebrities who participate in the tours. These tours are where my passion lies -- they fill up my heart and inspire me to do even more.”.

Interview with Rodrigo Haddad: “From Brazil to TN”

The new of his last international award has reached Rodrigo Haddad in one of his sweetest moments of his career. He has just recorded his new album, “From Brazil to TN”, and is ready to be one of the big stars of the next San Pedro Country Music Festival, the largest country music festival in South America. Raúl Tejeiro, President of the Country Music Association of Uruguay, interviewed him about this special moment and his new work:“My new album means a lot to me. It's a dream come true! I'm so happy about the result of the tracks, and I can't wait for country music fans to listen to it. The experience is unique when you record an album in Nashville. I'm really proud of it and, for sure, it’s a big step in my career”.

Rodrigo has played in many different countries and venues and talk us about that experience: “I've been traveling a lot since I started thirteen years ago. Brazil is really huge, and there's so much more to see. I've been going to Argentina for the past six years, and Nashville is another place where I'm always playing my music, too. It doesn’t matter where you are if you are playing for a country music audience. The details only make any differences better”.

As one of the biggest rising latin country music singers he dares to make a prediction: “I think positive about the future of latin country music! If it is good music, there’s always a place for it. We've seen a lot of things happening in country music, and trends come and go. The distances become really shorter with all this technology. Our music has better chances to cross the Equator faster than years ago”.

You can read the complete interviews in www.icmday.org.