Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum  
GCB Home Photo Gallery Links GCB Myspace
Go Back   Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum > Topics of Discussion > Sports

Notices

Sports Discuss anything in the world of sports. Please make sure you have a grasp for the landscape of this forum before you jump in!

Old 10-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Banned User
GCB Senior Citizen

Cherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
Auburn,Why hast thou forsaken me?

Yes,I am a Dye-Hard Auburn fan,but this year has been a total wash for the Tigers.C'mon;we're only halfway into the season and we have3 losses already?True,true;In the LSU game we were totally outmatched.Those Cajun Tigers seem to have their shit together this year;but the losses to Vanderbilt and Arkansas are inexcusable.In my eyes,here is what we should do...

Auburn offensive coordinator Tony Franklin was relieved of his duties Wednesday halfway through his first season of directing a spread offense that never caught fire.
Tuberville said he will take a bigger role in plotting the course of the offense. Tuberville said he'll decide in the next day or so who will call the plays in Saturday's game against Arkansas.

"After evaluating where we are at this point of the season offensively, I felt it was in the best interest of the Auburn football program to make this change," Tuberville said. "I'm not satisfied with where we are and I am personally going to take a larger role with the offense the remainder of the season. We are going to work harder than ever to make sure we consistently improve as we move forward."

Franklin, who spent the last two years at Troy, was brought to Auburn to run the spread offense -- or the "Tony Franklin System," which has been installed at high school programs across the country.

Auburn is 104th in the nation in total offense, with Franklin's spread offense not living up to expectations.
The offense is near or at the bottom in most offensive categories in the SEC and the country. Auburn ranks 104th in total offense (309.2 yards per game), 105th in pass efficiency (104.98), tied for 111th in red zone offense (65 percent) and 112th in third-down conversions (29.7 percent).

Since there is absolutely no chance in us winning a National Championship this year,I will be pulling for my 2nd favorite team in the state,"Roll Tide",Never fear;I will still be pulling for Auburn to win,but the Tide has that chance of yet another opportunity to gloat,and remind us of how many National Championships they have under their belt.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in Technorati

Old 10-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Band Whore

savereno thinks they are the cool kid
1) I am not an Auburn fan, I only saw them play Tennessee, so I am just arm-chair quarterbacking here.

2) Why did they change an offensive system that seemed to work well for them anyway? I know Cox struggled a bit last year, but overall, wasn't the scheme working? How do you expect a new quarterback to take over a team and incorporate a new scheme?

3) A team is not going to successfully learn a spread offense in one season. Hell, it takes quarterbacks three seasons to learn the scheme, USC quarterbacks are indoctrinated into that offense, and chosen especially for it, so maybe they shouldn't be so quick to toss it, or continue preparing it for next season, while incorporating a hybrid or more traditional offense on the field.

4) Overall I think the whole situation goes against good logic. This season is making Auburn look like more lie a flash in the pan than an emerging SEC powerhouse. I am unfamiliar with their current roster though, so I do not know how young this team is.

Bottom line, Auburn, Texas Tech you are not.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Agent Jones, at your service.
GCB Senior Citizen

The Good Reverend, MATCHEW is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right after
Go Gators
Old 10-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Productive GCB Member

The Wayniac is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right after
Like the economy, Auburn will eventually bounce back.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Agent Jones, at your service.
GCB Senior Citizen

The Good Reverend, MATCHEW is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right after
I agree.
They are going through some caoching changes right now, are they not?
It's hard to stay focused during a tough season.
Distractions take away from the preperation of a game.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Band Member
Band Whore

buzzincuzzin is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right afterbuzzincuzzin is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right after
The answers are in coaching changes and recuritng in the SEC. Tough place to make a living.