Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum  
GCB Home Photo Gallery Links GCB Myspace
Go Back   Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum > Topics of Discussion > Site News

Notices

Site News This is where we post news about the site, and you can give feedback.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:38 AM
Administrator
GCB Senior Citizen

Marc can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkMarc can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkMarc can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
Pictures of Fayard Fest 2008

Fayard Fest was a huge success. You couldn’t have asked for a better show for such a great benefit. Fayard Fest came about due to the untimely illness of Jimmie Fayard. Mr. Jimmie is the father of Chris and Josh Fayard. For those that do not know, Chris is the guitarist from the former band Joshua Sun. His family has been a major supporter of the local music scene and community. The Fayard family will be the first ones to give the shirt off their back for anyone. Special K of 97.9 WCPR and Budweiser put together an amazing benefit show to raise money for this family.

Mr. Jimmie was taken aback by the generous donations and support of the local community. His wishes for the money raised are for it to be donated to the Make A Wish Fondation. The items auctioned off lasted the entire night. I even believe some band members were auctioned off for dates to some poor ladies. (Sorry gals, they are band guys )

For this show, the bands Autumn Rising, 13th Hour, Falls From Grace, and Castortroy performed before a packed house at 2 Miles North in Gulfport. The local music community came out in full fledged force to show their dear love towards the Fayard family. Not only was their money raised for such a great cause, the announcement was made that this will be an annual event. Fayard Fest will continue on each year to help out the Make A Wish Foundation.

Tonight, I saw many things. Friends and family showing their love and support for an amazing family, strangers coming together through the love and support of music, and the desire of a local community to stand tall and support one of their own. Tonight was not a night of tragedy and sadness. It was a night that proved through love and support; friends, family, and even strangers can come together and rise above their own sadness and help others. This family’s suffering will bring another family joy by granting the wish of a child in need. By that wish, the spirit and love that Mr. Jimmie Fayard has shown all of us; will continue on each and every year that Fayard Fest is celebrated.

We would like to thank everyone involved in putting this event together. The number of business and individuals is beyond what are feeble minds can remember from the show. We also applaud the support of the people who attended and made this event a success for those who worked so hard on it. We also want to thank the Fayard family for showing us yet once again the love they have for others. This night proved that we can support and help each other out. It’s what makes the gulf coast strong and different from the rest.

If you would like to view the pictures of this event, visit us at http://www.gulfcoastbands.com and click the link to the photo gallery at the top of the page. Then click the link 2008 under the band shows heading. Then you just have to click the link that says Fayard Fest 2008. For those reading this online, you can simply click here.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:14 AM
Band Member
GCB Senior Citizen

ssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
wish I could have made it.

kudos on making it a annual event for make a wish.

My Facebook page ADD ME!!!

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

James Dean
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in Technorati
Old 08-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Band Member
GCB Senior Citizen

ambergirl sperm just hit the egg
I came but I had the baby with me so I couldn't go in. I'll have to get my money to them some other way.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Banned User
GCB Senior Citizen

Cherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
I had every intention of going,until the first rain bands from the storm came through;it was really nasty.But that's as bad as it got,and by the time,the storm went north;it was too late to leave Mobile.I'm very disappointed.Looks like it was a great time had by all who made it out...
Old 08-24-2008, 04:29 PM
the rev slither of the church of malloz
Productive GCB Member

Mallozian is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right afterMallozian is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right after
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssspert View Post
wish I could have made it.

kudos on making it a annual event for make a wish.
actually, it's an annual event for cancer research. Make a wish may not be who we donate to next year. It will all go to cancer research though.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:52 AM
Band Member
GCB Senior Citizen

ssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallozian View Post
actually, it's an annual event for cancer research. Make a wish may not be who we donate to next year. It will all go to cancer research though.
who is we?

i thought jimmy wanted the funds to goto make a wish?

My Facebook page ADD ME!!!

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

James Dean