Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum  
GCB Home Photo Gallery Links GCB Myspace
Go Back   Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum > Southern Recipes Forum > Dining Out

Notices

Dining Out Have a couple of favorite restaurants? Favorite dishes to eat out? Dish it!

Old 10-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Administrator
GCB Senior Citizen

Marc can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkMarc can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkMarc can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
Preservation Grill

http://www.preservationgrill.com

What about this place? I'm thinking about going here this weekend.

The menu looks tasty.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Administrator
GCB Senior Citizen

Marc can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkMarc can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkMarc can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
EATS: Preservation Grill: Pascagoula's best kept secret

By KAREN NELSON - klnelson@sunherald.com

Print
Text Size: tool nameclose
tool goes here The magic that is the Preservation Grill in historic downtown Pascagoula came together in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, when its three co-owner managers came home after the storm and sort of ran into each other in a business sense.

David Boland had bought the gutted old building and had ideas. Jason Battley and Chef Dean Murray were running a catering business. They catered a party for Boland in the building before it was even repaired.

The three had known each other growing up in Pascagoula, but by the time they came together as restaurateurs, Boland had his own construction industry, Battley had years of experience in restaurant management and was a self-taught wine connoisseur and Murry was a classically trained chef from the Culinary Institute of New Orleans.

Preservation Grill favorites are the open-faced roast beef on a Kaiser roll for lunch with the loaded-potato salad, hamburgers, the grilled tuna sandwich with tomatoes and red onion or the foccacia club panini with pesto mayonnaise. The grilled chicken, tuna or shrimp salads also can be made into a wrap.

The evening menu is more upscale, but all lunch items are available at dinner; so you can have a hamburger for dinner.

There are three steaks - a beef tenderloin, ribeye and New York strip on the evening menu. The seafood that is always on menu is the pan-seared red snapper. Otherwise, the chef offers daily seafood specials like the seared sea bass over handmade gnocchi (a little potato dumpling) with wild mushrooms, snow peas and shaved carrots finished with a tomato vinaigrette. Fish specials are only at night.

"We just want to offer fresh flood with classic preparation and a Southern twist," said Battley. "Dining with a pulse."

The pulse comes not only with the homemade sauces or flavored mayonnaises that spice up the sandwiches, but also with the evening meals, the music and a lively nightlife at the bar, where dinner is also served.

The restaurant has the feel of quality the minute you walk in the door. To the left are the antique doors of a reconstructed wine cabinet that holds more than 60 selections and more than 500 bottles that range in price from $7 to $170. The wait staff and management are available to help their diners make the best selection.

The old, brick building was restored in warm tones with lots of wood, track lighting and an open kitchen, where diners may see the chef at work and the wait staff has easy, open access.

Easy and open are two words that apply to the restaurant that brings Pascagoula a real taste of fine dining.

The name is borrowed in part from Preservation Hall in New Orleans because Battley and Murray love music and some of the staff play in bands. But preservation also applies to the reconstruction of the historic building. And the grill has two meanings as well -amazing cooking and the front of a 1954 Dodge truck, that is reflected in the restaurant's sign.

The restaurant opened almost a year ago and Battley said it was a success from the day they opened the doors. Upcoming events: Oct. 18 block party with bands, co-hosted by neighboring Scranton's restaurant, and a Nov. 4 reservations-only dinner and book-signing with guest chefs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you go
Preservation Grill: A 100-seat restaurant with a large, no-smoking bar is co-owned and managed by Jason Battley and David Boland with Chef Dean Murray, offers lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday with a full range of steak and seafood entrees, salads and wraps, appetizers, desserts, an extensive wine list and beverages that include Arizona Green Tea, San Pellegrino Sparkling Water and Barq's rootbeer in a bottle.

Where: 610 Delmas Avenue in historic downtown Pascagoula, just off Pascagoula Street, several blocks south of U.S. 90.

Kitchen hours: Monday through Friday 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.; Saturdays 5:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. Bar hours: Monday-Friday 11 a.m.-midnight; Saturdays 4 p.m. -midnight.

Prices: Foccacia club panini with provolone, pesto mayo and rosemary bread, $7.50; grilled shrimp on romaine lettuce with mango and avocado and a citrus vinaigrette, as a salad $9 or as a wrap with a side at lunch only, $9.50; grilled filet of beef tenderloin with rosemary roasted red potatoes and sauce Bordelaise, $26 and pan-seared red snapper (chef's signature) with purple hull peas, bacon, onion, tomato, wilted spinach and roasted red pepper vinaigrette, $17; fried green tomatoes with jumbo lump crab remoulade, $8; caramelized banana split, $8 or molten chocolate souffle, $6.

Details: 696-2970 or www.preservationgrill.com

http://www.sunherald.com/food/story/871972.html
Old 10-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Band Member
GCB Senior Citizen

ssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
I haven't been there, but I have heard alot of good things about the place.
If you go tomorrow, I'll meet you there.

My Facebook page ADD ME!!!

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

James Dean
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in Technorati
Old 10-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Productive GCB Member

Penelope is cool enough to date hot peoplePenelope is cool enough to date hot peoplePenelope is cool enough to date hot peoplePenelope is cool enough to date hot peoplePenelope is cool enough to date hot peoplePenelope is cool enough to date hot people
They have excellent food. The open faced roast beef is piled high and taste like your mom made it and has shredded cheddar on it with a spicy mayo or something. The potato salad taste similar to The Sheds and is really good. The wraps are really good and so is the chicken pot pie. When I first went they had Gouda macaroni as a side but they weren't serving it anymore. Don't know if they've started back or not. Even the tri-color pasta salad that is a side is good.
I have their number and the menu saved to my computer.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Administrator
GCB Senior Citizen

I am going to eat with a friend tonight. I may check this place out.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Administrator
GCB Senior Citizen

The food and service here was great. I had the ribeye. My steak was cooked perfectly and well seasoned. It was topped with a red wine butter sauce.

We also ordered the fried green tomatoes. They were topped with crab meat and were amazing. I'll be going back.