Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum  
GCB Home Photo Gallery Links GCB Myspace
Go Back   Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum > Gulf Coast Music Scene > Spotlight Artist of the Week

Notices

Spotlight Artist of the Week Bands picked by the GCB staff to be in the spotlight.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Banned User
GCB Senior Citizen

Cherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
Spotlight Artist of the Week-Split 66

They are Split 66. They play their music hard and heavy with insane guitar riffs and powerful vocals and lyrics. They are based out of Breckenridge Hills, Missouri, and basically doing what they love, and that is making music. This band started 6 years ago with one vision: Do what they love and be good at it. And ever since then, they have done nothing but get better. They currently have a few songs and are always coming up with new material. Be on the lookout for their debut CD, "Are you Ready" and their Biography DVD, "Split 66 - A Legacy in the Making", which they should be done with soon.

Band Members

T-Rev: Lead Vocals
Dan: Lead Guitar
Toby: Bass
Steve: Manager and Roadie

Myspace addy-http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=151768723
Dan - Guitars
Age - 20
Hometown - St. Louis, MO
I've owned a guitar since I was five, however have only been taking it seriously since about sixteen. I met Trevor when I was a sophomore in high school. Niether of us actually know how we became buds really...we just started talking about music and never stopped. Here we are five years later and not a dollar richer. Maybe even more in debt(for sure!) Yah, the music industry does not support the rent unless you support us. As a matter of fact, if you can support us by promoting us there may some type of monitary(cash) kickback for you. Just go to our contact us page, let us know what your idea is and when you plan to enstill it.

Trevor - Vocals
Age - 20
Hometown - Sunnyvale, CA

I have only started taking my singing seriously since I began working with Dan. I actually didn't know I could sing until a year and a half ago. I'd do this half ass singing, crooning along to my favorite music videos and songs on the radio. I never thought it would take me this far. I've known Dan for almost 6 years now, and he has been my best friend since day one. We may goof off alot, but when we put our brains together, we seem to come up with some pretty good ideas. My best work have come from collaborating with him.

Also, a little something else you didn't know about me, I was actually afraid to sing for anyone a few years ago, but I knew I wanted to be the frontman for a band. But I've learned to lose that fear because there is nothing like the rush you get from playing for a crowd. Its the only drug I'll ever need.

Visit them @ www.split66.com

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Love the Name!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg all-ways-danger.jpg (21.2 KB, 38 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in Technorati

Old 07-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Band Member
GCB Senior Citizen

ssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
what no drummer?

totally awe(some)ful

totally.

keep on trying young dudes.

god bless.

My Facebook page ADD ME!!!

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

James Dean

Last edited by ssspert; 07-19-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Band Member
Band Whore

xush thinks they are the cool kid
that's one of the (unintentionally) funniest bios I've seen.

Manager/roadie?! hehe
I need one of those!
Old 07-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Banned User
GCB Senior Citizen

Cherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkCherry-Bomb Productions can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
I love the name.LOL;I really think that they suck terribly to have been together for 6 years.This thread,was more or less,a joke...
Old 07-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Band Member
GCB Senior Citizen

ssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
i try not to use suck when referring to a band.

well I do similar thoughts about an ex bassist friend, with a few other choice comments on things he did to his ex band mates concerning money.

My Facebook page ADD ME!!!

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

James Dean

Last edited by ssspert; 08-21-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Band Member
Band Whore

guitarest thinks they are the cool kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubGenius View Post
Dear Cherry-Bomb Productions:

You have awful taste in music.
Thank you,
People who know the 90's are over and listen to college radio and have been outside the south.
Actually Allen is very much into music unlike your "Doom Metal", wow your fucking sad dude.