Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum  
GCB Home Photo Gallery Links GCB Myspace
Go Back   Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum > Classifieds > For Sale/Wanted

Notices

For Sale/Wanted Have some junk for sale? One man's trash is another man's treasure. Posts are deleted after 30 days.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Band Member
Band Whore

hellyeah2662 thinks they are the cool kid
pod xt live for sale

i got a new rig on order as well as new guitar so the xt has to go make me a reasonable offer or pm me

peavey 6505+/mxr 10 band eq
dean split tail w/engs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in Technorati

Old 03-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Band Member
Band Whore

will cosider a reasonable trade

dean split tail w/engs
Old 03-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Band Member
Band Whore

sixstringer66 is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right after
Whatcha gettin?

Some or all of this post was not written for reliable information of any sort, you must consult an officially qualified professional in your local area.
You use this at your own risk.

Some poeple should just write a book. And stay off the the internet.
You bought the ticket.....You take the ride!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/sixstringer66
You know what sucks? One day we'll all be dead.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Band Member
Band Whore

a 10k dean razorback and i got a randall g2 and im gettin a mxr 10 band eq nd a boss ns2.I dont use the pod anymore no use in keepin it i know i could keep it for noisegate and eq but seeing thats all i use i get pedals

dean split tail w/engs
Old 03-30-2009, 01:42 AM
Band Member
Band Whore

guitarest thinks they are the cool kid
So ya giving up on trying to learn how to use the unit? Your going to have the same problem with any unit like the POD, you just can't run everything thing balls out in the digital world. Good luck with your adventure, you got great equipment; just don't seem so readily willing to take advice.

Just looked up the reviews of the amp, you have to get away from this crappy amp company. IMO you have a great setup with the Pod, if your going to spend all this cash dump the randall transistor heads. I just did a quick search on the reviews of the G2 and Pro lots of power, con; suck ass distortion and tone. A head that costs 279.00 buck is going to sound like azz again. You really need a sweet amp to drive what you got. IMO again; sell the head you have; cancel the other and the boss pedal and buy worst case a Peavey Valveking (around 800) or get a DSL2000 from Marshall great head and 4X12 included for 1300.00. You continue to buy Randall lower end you will never be happy. I know a few people who have PODs and they love them; but you have to know how to use them (tried explaining that to you on the phone) and you need something other than the head your using (also spoke about that) but going from a RX head to a G2 head does nothing still Randall.

Here is a decent head that you can use just for a the power amp section; got pretty good reviews.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...ead?sku=481331

Last edited by guitarest; 03-30-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:05 AM
Band Member
Band Whore

sixstringer66 is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right after
I think you will be better off with this new setup. Learning a new piece of equipment like the XTLive can take years for some people.

Sometimes simple is better. Sometimes.

Some or all of this post was not written for reliable information of any sort, you must consult an officially qualified professional in your local area.
You use this at your own risk.

Some poeple should just write a book. And stay off the the internet.
You bought the ticket.....You take the ride!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/sixstringer66
You know what sucks? One day we'll all be dead.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Band Whore

Lerxstcat thinks they are the cool kid
With digital processors and solid state amps, pegging the gains is not a good idea. You don't get the cool distortion, just a farty crapping out sound. That's why they make SS amps 300 watts to try and make them keep up with a 100 watt tube amp and they still don't always cut through in the mix.

The Windsor is a great head for the money, the Valveking even better, though both are made in china with less than the best parts.

You can get a Carvin MTS3200 for about $650 shipped that is USA-made and of great quality. A pristine clean channel if you want to run pedals, and an onvedrive channel that if anything has too much gain. Run the drive on the dirt channel at 12 or 1 o'clock and that's plenty of gain, unless you're playing a Danelectro with lipstick pickups - and if you are, high gain is probably not your thing anyway.

John, you can come by and hear my Carvin rig if you want, I think you would be surprisd at how good it sounds. Mine is the VM100 which they don't make anymore, but really it is basically the same design as the MTS3200 and the Vai Legacy too. The Legacy is voiced a little differently, but in most essentials they are the same layout, design and components. I run it through a late 80s X-Series 412 straight and it's pretty damn nice.

I think you would get a much better sound out of any of these 3 amps than you will out of another SS Randall. You've gone that route, and dime used a rack the size of a refrigerator to actually get his tone with those amps. Which you aren't even using the ones he used, the RG100ES which was made in the USA.

Just saying, same brand do3sn't mean same tone. Play a Marshall MG10, then play a JCM800 2205 and tell me it's the same.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Band Member
Band Whore

guitarest thinks they are the cool kid
What did you end up doing John? Go with a tube amp or stick with the solid state?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:20 AM
Band Member
GCB Senior Citizen

ssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarest View Post
What did you end up doing John? Go with a tube amp or stick with the solid state?
POD with the the factory user manual and this book...

LOVA YA JOHN...MEAN IT!

My Facebook page ADD ME!!!

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

James Dean
Old 04-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Fawkin' Newbie

bassmanb thinks they are the cool kid
What's your asking price?