Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum  
GCB Home Photo Gallery Links GCB Myspace
Go Back   Gulf Coast Bands Music Forum > Classifieds > For Sale/Wanted

Notices

For Sale/Wanted Have some junk for sale? One man's trash is another man's treasure. Posts are deleted after 30 days.

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Fawkin' Newbie

Drummah thinks they are the cool kid
Roland V-Drums TD-10 Kit Complete

I am selling my used Roland TD-10 kit. This kit includes the following:
1 - TD-10 Drum Module (Brain)
1 - Folding Drum rack with soft case (completely upgraded)
3 - Cymbal arms for Rack
2 - PD-100 (10" tom mesh pads)
3 - PD 120 (12" Tom & Snare mesh pads)
1 - KD-120 (Bass Drum, Freestanding and accommodates double pedal)
2 - PD-8 Dual zone Rubber pads (Cymbal Pads)
1 - PD-6 Dual zone rubber pad(Hi-Hat pad)
1 - FD-7 (Electronic Hi-Hat controller)
1 - Hardshell road case
1 - DW5000 double bass pedal with case
1 - Roc-N-Soc Nitro Throne

This kit has been used for approximately 6 years, was meticulously cared for and is in excellent operating condition. There are some minor scratches and dings on the rack and the rubber pads are showing signs of wear but still trigger and operate well. The V-drums were originally white, but I had them covered about 2 years ago with highly reflective red material. This material is the same stuff that they use on "stop signs". The effect is awesome when lights hit the drums. It can be removed to show the original white surface.
I have over $6000.00+ invested in this kit. I recently upgraded to the TD-20 and am looking to unload this kit to anyone that wants to experience the V-drums awesome sound. I will let everything listed above go for $2,850.00, however if you if you don't need the DW double pedal or Throne I will take $2500.00(Firm) If you know v-drums you know this is a steal. If you are ready to make the crossover or just add to your drum arsenal this is the kit for you. You will not regret it and your Band, sound tech, audience and neighbors will appreciate it greatly. Serious Inquiries only please.

Last edited by Drummah; 02-07-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in Technorati

Old 02-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Band Member
Band Whore

clockworkengine is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right afterclockworkengine is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right after
I must point out that a deal like that would have been great six years ago. im sure they are worth that much to you but I wouldn't bet on anyone elses concurrent view.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Fawkin' Newbie

Drummah thinks they are the cool kid
I must point out that a deal like that would have been great six years ago. im sure t

Thanks for your OPINION.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Band Member
GCB Senior Citizen

ssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
Not cheaply bought new, nor replaced.
Used its a decent deal.

My Facebook page ADD ME!!!

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

James Dean
Old 02-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Band Whore

Lerxstcat thinks they are the cool kid
Seems to be in line with prices on ebay for used TD-10 kits, and this kit is larger than the ones I saw there. Just out of curiosity, Clockwork, what do you think the going rate for these drums should be?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Band Member
Band Whore

clockworkengine is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right afterclockworkengine is allowed to buy Marc a drink and leave right after
Clearly I'm not qualified to make a judgement call on item values! I must admit I was shocked when I read that. It goes to show that an aging man should not attempt to voice an opinion based from memory.
My apologies to those afflicted.

In truth, while I recognize the benefits of electronic drums, I've never looked at them as anything more than a novelty. My approach to drumming centers on total control, and all that effort goes to waste on pressure-sensitive pads. Simply put, despite the wealth of different kits and effects to be found on any given electronic kit, I find they impose more limits on a drummer's technique than is acceptable. This, also, is opinion.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Band Whore

Lerxstcat thinks they are the cool kid
I think that sooner or later, you will have to own and be familiar with a high-quality electronic drum kit to be considered a professional drummer. They are no longer just a novelty.

Also, Neil Peart is considered to be a drummer who is in total control. He has used electronic drums since the 80s, blended with his traditional drums. That, to me, makes me think they are not just a novelty.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:23 AM
Band Member
GCB Senior Citizen

ssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drinkssspert can sit with Marc and buy him a drink
Since I am afflicted as well.
I'll say I own a set in My studio. They are great for what they can do.
I bought them about half what he is asking. The price depends on how desperate the seller is to sell.

Acoustic drums are the best.

But what do I know? "It goes to show that an aging man should not attempt to voice an opinion based from memory."

James Dean
Old 02-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Band Member
Band Whore

NOTICE___ This is not a rant. It is an explanation of my previous post. Long winded, so as to not leave any doubt (though it already has left plenty for some reason). The rant is only the last part. I deleted the first section because someone it wasn't even directed at became upset...

I feel sad that I have received quite cruel and vulgar a verbal lashing, likely from this would-be drum salesman, who disliked my opinion, which was not meant for harm but to spark discussion in a blank thread. And this reference to a professional drummer...
I'm not concerned with other peoples' opinions of me. I am who I am, and that is what I want to be. If I cannot be considered a professional drummer by my peers for not preferring electronic drums then I say they are no longer my peers; they have ascended far above my primitive logic into realms of absolution into which these uneducated hands could never reach. Those who withhold professional status from their colleagues based on electronic vs acoustic preference, I'll wager, don't have much time left over for practicing and honing their own skills because I know plenty of people from either side of that discussion, and it must take awhile to grant/withhold all those professional statuses. Edit- By the way, I'm not a professional drummer. Right now I'm a professional air-conditioning man. One day... maybe...
Neil Peart's technique revolved mainly around single-stroke wrist action and ambidexterity. In other words, he is not a rudimentary player.
It's this simple- the drum pad on v-drums and any other brand of electronic drums is not suitable for a rudimentary style of drumming. The reason- all sounds that come from it are samples. Samples have length and a rudimentary style drummer is therefore limited in terms of note placement. Said drummer is further limited by the machine itself; as it is incapable of true subtlety in performance and variety of attack. I'm sorry if you don't understand that, though it furthers my understanding as to why you would suggest to me privately that I didn't know anything. It is the aforementioned flaws of electronic drums (not just yours) that led me initially to erroneously believe that the price was too high. I have since apologized sincerely and tried to offer an explanation of my misadventurous words in my previous post and look what it got me.

Try to get over it, please?

Oh and one more thing.
Most of you won't know about this, but whomever it was that made the comment on my reputation about me not knowing shit has got to be a drummer. If so, I invite you to test that assumption at any time. I'd actually like to see you put your sticks where your mouth is since you are so confident that I have no knowledge. Bring that supercomplex hybrid electronic-gas powered acoustic solar drum kit that automatically makes you a great drummer and I'll bring my plain ol' gretsch catalina ash, Or are you just all talk? I'm not. But I predict that rather than accepting my challenge like a real musician you'll just continue to verbally assault me on the internet. And why wouldn't you? After all, I wouldn't want anyone to revoke your professional status.

Last edited by clockworkengine; 02-18-2009 at 07:34 AM. Reason: What can I say? I'm a perfectionist.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:24 AM
Band Member
GCB Senior Citizen

A bit touchy are we? Can't I poke fun at your "elder comment"?
Why must you attack your elders my young friend?
That is uncalled for. You are quickly approaching what 30?

Why you feel the need to go on a rant like that?
No wait... don't answer it I don't care to know.

Sorry for the left turn on your thread Drummah.
I hope you get what you are asking for the Rolands.
They are the finest e drums on the market.

James Dean

Last edited by ssspert; 02-18-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Closed Thread